Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A tribute to Stevie Ray

Here's the bazillionth tribute to the greatest (unarguably, of course) bluesman ever. Okay, I guess it's more of a slam on Clapton. Clapton after a reaaaally short puritan blues approach in his early years sold himself to pop music for a dime. Even now, when he claims to "return" to the blues, all he does is play those standard licks that he can play even if he's dead (well, I think he is dead as far as the blues are concerned) with no feeling whatsoever.
Stevie Ray played every gig as if it was his last, and it showed. There was nothing but feeling and emotion in every guitar note. I could go on forever, but I don't have a charge code to charge this to, at work. They pay me to do far more mundane things.
Long live Stevie Ray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home